Four Great Comedies ; Shakespeare, William
- Publisher: Signet Classics
- ISBN: 9780451527318
- In general avem in stoc toate produsele afisate pe site. Exista posibilitatea ca unele produse sa nu fie disponibile. Educational Center nu este un vanzator exclusiv on-line si datorita canalelor multiple de distributie si vanzare stocul variaza si nu poate fi actualizat in timp real pe site. In astfel de situatii veti fi contactat telefonic pentru a se stabili data de livrare.
- 15.00 RON
- Ex Tax: 15.00 RON
Four of the Bard’s most famous comedies—including The Taming of the Shrew, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Twelfth Night, and The Tempest.
“Comedies,” as one of William Shakespeare’s contemporaries wrote, “begin in trouble and end in peace.” This is certainely true of the four masterworks selected for this collection, each of which represents a significant stage in the development of the world’s greatest dramatist. Reading these plays, we sample the whole comic spectrum of the Elizabethan world—from the satiric comedy that portrays a world of people whose unreasonable behavior is ludicrous and in need of reform to the romantic comedy that takes us into a dreamlike holiday world whose inhabitants, for all their folly, are still endearing characters. And to give these plays more meaning for the modern reader, this edition includes the following special features:
· Reliable texts by noted Shakespeare scholars
· Texts printed in the clearest, most readable type
· Names of each speaker given in full
· Detailed footnotes at the bottom of each page keyed to the numbered lines of the text
· Textual notes
· Updated bibliography